Wednesday 15 January 2014

Argo, You go...

It seems like today might be my last total art day for a while (ignoring free time at the weekend obviously) which is probably no bad thing as I have only done a couple of days of formal Architectural work since the Christmas break. This isn't too much of a problem as I have sold a couple of paintings in between so I have been being productive. However, as all good artists should, I have just booked an inappropriately long holiday, sorry 'inspiration sabbatical' so some more spending money is required/would be nice.

I can't wait.

35 days and counting.

In the meantime I should be making the most of today, and I am-ish. Assuming procrastinating counts as being productive? No, oh well.

Anyway, before I forget, I watched Argo at the end of December last year and wow. I thought it was amazing, which is saying something as my views and that of the Oscars don't usually tie in. It was so intense I forgot I wasn't actually there living it with them at one point. It is always good to watch something 'real' and/or based on actual events as it teaches you a bit of history (or it did me, or at leasts gives you enough insight that you can check out the un-Hollywood-ified version online). The film also reaffirms the fact that almost all of the conflicts that currently exist in the world have been caused by one of the major world forces interfering with the Countries in question in the present or the past .....so thank you Britain, Spain, America and France for that.




No comments:

Post a Comment