Thursday 21 August 2014

Castillo Belmonte

As I am writing 'birth certificates' I might as well do another one. Especially as the reason for painting this one, is kind of stupid.



The Reason

A conversation.

The Setting

A Sushi/Japanese restaurant in California, talking about buildings to paint, having some Sake and some good food with good company.

The Inspiration

A typo, being deaf, confusion, having a bad memory, looking for a castle in Italy and painting a castle in Spain, mistaking Belmonte for Del Monte, listening to a CD that reminds me of winter, some photos of the castle I found on the internet, a half remembered conversation 6 months previous.

As you may have gathered, it was suggested a few months ago that I paint the Del Monte Castle in Italy. By the time I got round to it, I had half forgotten the conversation and subsequently chose the wrong castle. I was confused at the time as I remembered being told it was an octagon and in Italy - the Belmonte castle (not an octagon and in Spain!) looked like something I would paint though so why not *shrug*.

At least I should be able to use it for my Christmas card set this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment