Thursday 1 November 2012

Laguna Matata

So I haven't blogged for a while because I have been on holiday. One of those holidays that makes you feel like you have changed beyond repair when really you are probably just dealing with the age old; holiday good, real life bad. I was pleased to see that whilst I was away all of my art stuff died. I keep tabs on the page views of my website, deviant Art, facebook, this blog, a few random sales pages and they all came to a bit of a standstill. This does at least show that the effort I normally put in is not a waste of time, everything has picked up since I got back. I am going to take this revelation as a good thing (and try a bit harder).

Having said the above, I think the holiday may have altered me a little, not least because now when I go underwater I don't panic and breathe in, and long flights? EASY. But painting wise (I am an artaholic afterall) the painting to the left is not my usual style, and bizarrely unexpected. I sat down to paint a Mormon Cathedral I saw in San Diego.

This is not it.

This is a Laguna sunset.

A beautiful drool worthy Laguna sunset I can still feel.

I have never seen anything like it, and whether I wanted it to or not, it obviously needed to be painted. I am intrigued now, my holiday was very much nature orientated and I normally paint buildings. I wonder what this means for my next picture....

No comments:

Post a Comment