Thursday 16 January 2014

Daily Deviation

So it looks like my work is on hold for a bit so I am not missing the chance to do another painting once I have published this post. My inspiration has already been printed, idea chosen, near enough, and all that is left is the execution - providing I don't get distracted which is never guaranteed. I am also horribly tired today so I hope I don't end up waking in about three hours with my canvas stuck to my face. The urge to open a bottle of cider, dig out some chocolate from the cupboard and put on an entertaining film is quite tempting....but I'll try and be good.

It does also mean I can finally write this post which I have been meaning to do for ages. Here goes:

It was quite exciting over Christmas because I was awarded a Daily Deviation for my painting 'The Natural History Museum' courtesy of the lovely ArtByCher, one of my friends on deviantArt. I can already hear some of you saying 'What? A what? From where?' Let me explain... in layman's terms deviantArt is a bit like Facebook but tailored for artists, you can upload your work, add other people's work to your favourites gallery, have a chat, follow artists you like, join groups and sell prints etc (and probably loads of other things I haven't discovered yet). I have met some lovely people on there, some of whom follow my blog (Hello, Judas, hello McFlyky! hello HollyAHyde and anyone else I don't know about!)

But anyway, apparently (according to Wikipedia) deviantArt has over 25 million members, 246 million submissions and gets 140,000 new submissions a day....so yes, getting a Daily Deviation is a big deal! (Oh and a Daily Deviation is basically an artwork of the day, there are usually about 30-40 of them?)


So YAY!

(p.s. If you click on any of the named members on this post you can check out their pages! DO IT!)


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your DD Miss H! thoroughly deserved, expect many more in the future! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I hope so! It was like receiving an extra Christmas present :-D xxx

      Delete