Monday 14 January 2013

One, two, miss a few....

I am getting a bit behind with my blog posts as I had the weekend off - obviously serves me right! I technically have two paintings to write about, two films and I have found some more places to showcase my work, or at least an English version of Fine Art America. I think I might have to do a post along the lines of one two miss a few ninety-nine, a hundred! The problem will come with all the snow that is currently peacefully floating past my window....if it settles, then I will have some photos to write about as well! Better to have too many ideas, I suppose, than not enough!

So post one of  two miss a few, ninety-nine, a hundred is going to be about In the Night Air - a shiny new painting based on a photo taken whilst wandering (and wondering) around the more scenic parts of Maidenhead. Basically it can be summed up as Maidenhead + The Secret of Kells  = In the Night Air. It is unusual for me to be so influenced by a animated film but I think this one was just good timing - I was heading along the lines of painting trees anyway with the introduction of The Bay and I am obsessed with patterns. All I needed was something to show me the way!


  So for the moment at least In the Night Air is my new favourite. (I was also going to resist including the following song in this post in case it alters the feeling of the painting but seemingly I can't....Good idea/ Bad idea? Answers on a postcard...)




2 comments:

  1. Both are excellent, atmospheric and exciting! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am glad you approve of them both :-)

      Delete