Tuesday 7 January 2014

Nature's City

I am not quite sure what to do this evening. I had intended to paint a picture but I am preoccupied with what to paint.

It seems I still haven't fully recovered from my series of Grand Canyon paintings and that leaves me slightly unsure of where I am going. The last few things I have done have either been presents, or for cards, or not possibly what I would have naturally chosen to do. I was getting worried that I had completely lost my way as I wasn't finding much enjoyment in what I was doing. That said I have painted a lot of 'things' recently - the chairs, the hallway, some drumsticks, some baubles....I liked doing them and loved the end results but it isn't quite a painting.  My last painting of the year - 'Nature's City' seems to have restored my faith a little, I liked the end product, and I loved doing it. Now that is more like it.

Nature's City
I have a few things I could do this evening; I have a possible enquiry for a commission, a certain commission of the Golden Gate Bridge and interest in some more Scottish paintings of Edinburgh and Glasgow. So maybe one of them? Or maybe something different? Who knows.....


No comments:

Post a Comment